For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. ---Ephesians 6:12


"The age of casual Catholicism is over; the age of heroic Catholicism has begun. We can no longer be Catholics by accident, but instead must be Catholics by CONVICTION." ---Fr. Terrence Henry TOR, Franciscan University of Steubenville

Monday, July 23, 2007

Personal Day

I have been invited to be tagged by Rick at Brutally Honest who was tagged by Alice the Camel, the most recent addition to my links of Favorites. Here's what it entails:

...list 8 facts or habits about [your]self that [others] might not otherwise know and then tag another 8 people and leave comments on their sites letting them know that they've been tagged, so they can likewise make the requisite revelations.

8 Facts about Matt (me) not otherwise widely known:

  1. I was a disc jockey at an adult contemporary/country music station during the summer between high school and college. Did some college radio after that.

  2. When we were kids, my brother and I were nearly killed by a baseball-sized stone that was propelled at gunshot speed by a lawnmower (that ran over it) that rocketed the stone through my open car window over the back of my neck (I was bending down to reach a screwdriver on the floor), shooting barely under my older brother's chin, smashing through his closed car window, and making a foot-wide dent in the car parked across the street. That was one heck of a lawnmower.

  3. In 1979 (I was 15) I met then recently inducted Hall of Famer, Ernie Banks at Wrigley Field before a ballgame. He's everything they say he is.

  4. In 1972 I was 8 years old and wrote President Richard M. Nixon a letter. He wrote back and I still have his response.

  5. The last time I flew on a plane was 9-10-01.

  6. I had the highest G.P.A. of any student in my class at high school who did NOT make the National Honor Society. I argued too often with teachers who took it personally.

  7. To this day I have never seen Grease, Tootsie, or The Graduate.

  8. In 12 years of driving a semi I've traveled 1.7 million miles in 48 states and Ontario.

I will do as Rick did and allow others to voluntarily participate in this, rather than publicly tag 8 others.

2 comments:

mkfreeberg said...

1. I have more knuckle hair than any grown man I know. KNUCKLE hair.
2. I've driven the same car for 18 years. I bought it brand-new.
3. If there is one human emotion that is the product of The Devil, I think it's guilt.
4. I do not forward e-mail to five, or ten, or twenty people I know. No matter what it says will happen to me. For any reason. Ever.
5. I was born the morning after Richard Speck killed those nursing students in Chicago.
6. Nobody who knows me, family aside, has seen me without a beard. I haven't been clean-shaven since 1993.
7. Unmentioned skill: I'm formally trained as a computer forensics professional.
8. I like stick much better than automatic. Even in traffic. Even with a soda that won't fit in the cupholder.

Anonymous said...

7 more to go...