For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. ---Ephesians 6:12


"The age of casual Catholicism is over; the age of heroic Catholicism has begun. We can no longer be Catholics by accident, but instead must be Catholics by CONVICTION." ---Fr. Terrence Henry TOR, Franciscan University of Steubenville

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Newt Gingrich On International Affairs (Videos)









He made this speech to the American Enterprise Institute back in July of last year,  but I have only just watched the whole thing, all videos, on You Tube today.  Why did I wait so long to watch them and then post the best here?  For the same reason most of you haven't seen them yet.  The first thing I thought of when I found out Newt Gingrich was running for President was that he had no business doing so, that he could never win, and all because of his personal baggage sabotaging any attempt at victory.

But now, after seeing these videos and watching him in the debates, I am so glad he's running.  Not because I want him to win.  I'm not sure I do.  The reason I'm glad he's thrown his hat in the ring is because he is drawing attention to issues that are important, and stating opinions in a convincing manner that should be considered in the greater lexicon of the national debate on the direction this country is headed.  Like him or not, consider him a possibility or a hopeless long-shot, he is well worth listening to.  And if nothing else, I hope he influences the platform of the Republican party at their convention next year.

I've included four parts of his speech here.  You can see the whole speech by clicking HERE.

1 comments:

AmPowerBlog said...

I admire Gingrich a lot. His campaigns been a little strange, although no doubt he's a big ideas candidate.

Hey, and thanks for your words of support. I'll think about going big!