For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. ---Ephesians 6:12


"The age of casual Catholicism is over; the age of heroic Catholicism has begun. We can no longer be Catholics by accident, but instead must be Catholics by CONVICTION." ---Fr. Terrence Henry TOR, Franciscan University of Steubenville

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pilgrimage To Chicago

I suppose you can tell I've not been posting much, but politics, as fun as it can be to rant about, has been wearing thin for me lately.  This will change, I'm sure.  But in the mean time...

I'm on vacation from my job on a pilgrimage to a city I once lived in as an agnostic from the late '80's up to the mid '90's, surrounded by beautiful Catholic churches which I typically ignored.  Now with a fervent interest in Catholicism, I've returned to Chicago to photograph three basilicas, one cathedral, and a few beautiful churches --one from which I lived less than two blocks.

The first one visited today was St. Peter's in the Loop, which offers several Mass times daily along with Confession M-F, 7:30 to 6pm ALL DAY LONG.  I try to go as often as possible to Confession since I almost always have something to say.  This church is run by the Franciscans, who seem constantly available.

Note the cloisters at the top center of the photo.

1 comments:

Darrell Michaels said...

Wow! What a beautiful church, Matt!

I am envious of you on your vacation there! God bless!